- 50% of the total cost of the accommodation must be paid into the UFS account within 7 days of making a booking. Fax copies of deposit slips, signed form and ID to the UFS office.
- The balance must be paid in full 7 days before arrival. Fax copies of deposit slips to the UFS office. Keys will not be handed over if full payment is not received before arrival. No exceptions are made to this policy.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING POINTS MAY RESULT IN EVICTION WITHOUT RECEIVING A REFUND:
- No animals are permitted in the apartments or on the premises.
- Tenants and their visitors must abide by the rules of the Body Corporate of the complex in which they are staying at all times. Tenants are held responsible for the conduct of their guests/visitors.
- Overcrowding is not allowed. The maximum number of persons allowed (including children) may not exceed the number of beds in the unit.
- Noise levels from TVs, Hi-Fiís, etc. must be kept to a minimum to avoid causing a disturbance to other occupants in the complex.
- No students or persons under the age of 21 may occupy any property without parental supervision.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT MAY RESULT IN LIABILITY FOR ADDITIONAL COSTS INCURRED OR ANY INJURIES SUSTAINED:
- Neither Umhlanga Flat Services nor the individual owners accept any responsibility for any injuries, loss or damage to personal property that may occur during the tenantís stay in the apartment, complex or surrounding areas including car parks and garages. Occupancy is entirely at the tenantís own risk.
- On arrival, it is the tenantís responsibility to check the apartment and report any problems to the UFS office. Any damages done to furniture or fixtures during the tenantís stay including breakages will be invoiced to the tenant.
- No reduction is made if tenants arrive after their scheduled arrival date or leave before their scheduled departure date.
- For holiday reservations cancelled 30 days or more prior to occupation, the deposit will be refunded less the booking fee and applicable VAT.
- For holiday reservations cancelled less than 30 days prior to occupation, a cancellation fee equal to the deposit is assessed unless the apartment can be re-let. If the apartment is re-let, the deposit will be refunded or part thereof for the days re-let less the booking fee and applicable VAT.
- Occupation of the accommodation is calculated per night, from the date of arrival to the date of booked departure.
- Umhlanga Flat Services reserves the right to substitute alternative accommodation similar to that booked, should for any reason the original apartment no longer be available.
- Tenants must ensure that all windows and doors are locked upon their departure, as tenants will be held liable for any theft or other incidents which may occur due to windows and doors being left unlocked.
- Bed linen is provided but not towels or toiletries.
- The apartment is serviced on a daily basis (except Sundays and Public Holidays). The cleaning staff only perform the following duties: change bed linen (weekly), clean bathrooms, sweep, mop and dust the premises. The cleaning staff do not wash crockery and cutlery or do ironing. Windows and patios are cleaned once a week, weather permitting.
- Keys to your apartment are issued upon arrival and they are your responsibility until they are returned to our office by you on your departure. Failure to comply with this will result in a new set being made and the cost thereof deducted from your deposit.
- Faulty TV sets and electrical appliances will be repaired as soon as possible, but no reduction of rent will be allowed for delays beyond our control.
- Tenants must leave the apartment in a neat and tidy condition. If crockery or cutlery is left dirty on departure, an additional fee will be assessed to the tenant.
- Tenants are not allowed to hang washing over furniture, balconies or fences.
- Braai/BBQ units and all facilities must be maintained in good order at all times.
- There is parking for only one vehicle.